Pages

July 7, 2010

Inglourious Basterds' ladies

I'm not feeling like making a review. All I can say that this is one of the most comical and quirkiest (hell yeah, this is Tarantino's) war movie, nazi movie to be exact, I've ever seen. It's brutal, weird, witty, irrelevant with history, but this is the first nazi movie where I actually enjoyed and laugh at some scene. What I love the most about this movie is the strong women characters. And they have a good fashion sense! Bravo for the costume department. First place is Shoshanna Dreyfus, the young Jewish survivor portrayed by Mélanie Laurent, a French actress. Second is Bridget von Hammersmark, the German actress/double-agent. Frau von Hammersmark is portrayed by Diane Kruger, whom we know as Helen of Troy (Troy, 2004). I think Laurent and Kruger did a great job at portraying these characters.

Here is Shoshanna Dreyfus. The beret always looks good on her. And the sexy red dress is sooo memorable!


And here's Bridget von Hammersmark. It's Helen of Troy, people, nuff said.


P.S.: I do not own these images ;)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your assessment of the female characters of this film. The ending took a turn for dramatic when she felt bad for Friederick, then Tarantino slapped us in the face right when half of us were ready to cry for what could have been. She might have even said that she was sorry...

    ReplyDelete